Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer Time Weather

I love this time of year in Northern California, warm days and cool nights. I can leave the windows open all day & night, the Spring allergies are gone, my dog has shed her Winter coat, the trees are offering up their shade, and the flowers are in full bloom. Life is good. As long as I leave the TV off and don't pick-up a newspaper. Politics, wars, earthquakes, floods.... . I try to keep it all in perspective, give thanks and make sure I appreciate what I have and where I am.

I'm headed up to Vancouver and Seattle this week for business and pleasure, and am excited to get back to the Pacific North-West. I really enjoy the cooler weather, the water and all the vegetation. When my Daughter graduates from High school I plan on doing some job hunting up there. Of course in the ensuing 2 years much can happen, so we'll have to see where this adventure takes me. I still love living in the Sacramento area, still so much to explore and we have a fair amount of water here also. I need to be near water, over the last few years I've gotten in to kayaking, but even more than that bodies of water are essential for my inner peace. If I could I would love to have a small place on or near the coast, I love the sound of the surf and the cool misty air. Problem is I would never get any work done. I get very relaxed and tend to sit around reading or go for long walks on the beach, and not doing much else. I'll just have to get a small condo or apartment with no yard to take care of, just a small patio for a BBQ and some chairs. Now if I could just win the lottery........ but I've heard you have to play to win, so I better start buying some tickets.

Well it's a beautiful Saturday waiting to be enjoyed, so until next time,

John

3 comments:

Cheri Pryor said...

I swear the more I learn about you the more I am convinced we were the same person in a previous life.

The Oregon Coast....my dream retirement location. There is truly nothing more soothing than the sound of the ocean and it is by far my favorite place to vacation. I take books that I never read because I usually fall asleep on the beach in my chair listening to the waves crash. And can you ever have too many pictures of the ocean/beach? I say NO!

Guess I better start playing the lottery, too.

Cheri Pryor said...

I'm here....and I've officially been here more times than you in the last 2 months.

Sad. Very sad.

Cheri Pryor said...

It is no longer summer. It is Fall. Get off your butt and update this blog.